- Springville, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, 401k, Vacation, Sick, Holidays
The CMM Operator will be required to:
- Work for Quality/Engineering department to support reverse engineering of commercial aircraft parts.
- Use Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and other inspection tools to gather dimensional data.
- Create reports in Microsoft Excel containing dimensional data.
- Use 3D CAD models to program CMM.
- May be required to create 2D or 3D CAD models from measurement data.
- Uses ASME 14.5 dimension and geometric tolerance standards to check parts and drawings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer aided design experience: SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred
- CMM operation and programming experience using either Mitutoyo Geomeasure or PC-DMIS software.
- Good software skills using Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Aptitude for quality and detail work.
- Professional demeanor and work habits.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds (books and manuals);
- Is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; work at desk up to 3 hours at a time; and read up to 3 hours at a time.
- Is frequently required to talk or hear; use computer keyboard up to 3 hours at a time; and stand or sit at the computer up to 3 hours at a time.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Have clear vision (correctable to 20/25) at 14 inches and the ability to identify and distinguish colors in at least one eye.
Education Requirements: High school diploma required; Associate's degree preferred; one year related experience preferred.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!